BioViva is an ambitious biotech startup that aims to cure diseases and aging with gene therapy.
Key points of article below:
- CEO Liz Parrish and the BioViva team treat aging as a disease, and is addressing it at the genetic level.
- Cellular degeneration or aging is the root cause of most of chronic diseases and associated deaths.
- The current system of treating diseases one-at-a-time isn’t working. The cost of medical care for the elderly is becoming overwhelming.
- Treating aging itself, rather than one disease at a time, gives us the opportunity to radically extend healthy lifespan
- The company’s scientific advisory board includes Bill Andrews, Michael Fossel, George Church and others.
- Their first treatments are aimed at Atherosclerosis and Alzheimer’s.
- A potential patent for diabetes Type 1 is under review.
- BioViva and the agricultural biotechnology company Stevia First have joined forces to treat Diabetes Type 2 and Obesity.
- Stevia First is enabling dramatically healthier food and nutrition products.
- Stevia First has worked on mapping geroprotectors for information on how to extend lifespan.
- The company will move forward into Immune boosting therapies to treat such diseases as HIV and autoimmune diseases.
These immune boosting therapies may protect against cancer.
- There is debate whether these therapies are preventative medicine or enhancement.
- Ultimately we would receive a few preventive injections early in life, instead of radical procedures like open heart surgery later in life.
Bioviva web site: http://www.bioviva-science.com/
CLICK HERE for the Main Foundation Web Site: Carl I. Bourhenne Medical Research Foundation / Aging Intervention Foundation
About Me: Johnny Adams
Call Johnny at (650) 265-4969 or (949) 922-9786 cell
Email: JAdams – at – AgingIntervention .org