Tony Wyss-Coray video of presentation at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Rejuvenating Old Brains With Young Blood
- Background, aging population, burden of aging, loss of cognitive function.
- Mouse experiments — young blood to old mouse seems to rejuvenate. Old mouse does better on spatial memory test.
- Brain functions better in a number of learning and memory tests, makes more neurons, less inflammation, neurons connect better.
- There are messengers in blood — hormones or growth factors.
- Young and old blood very different.
- Young blood — had many factors involved in repair and maintenance of tissues.
- Old blood — factors involved in inflammation
- Most of the beneficial effects are in the soluble fraction, also called plasma.
- Isolate the factors, produce them synthetically for use as potential drugs to rejuvenate tissues and potentially help cognitive deficits and other conditions.
Does it work in humans? Alkahest is testing it.
CLICK HERE for the Main Foundation Web Site: Carl I. Bourhenne Medical Research Foundation / Aging Intervention Foundation
About Me: Johnny Adams
Call Johnny at (650) 265-4969 or (949) 922-9786 cell
Email: JAdams – at – AgingIntervention .org