There are a great many benefits of exercise – particularly weight/resistance training and high intensity interval training.
You can benefit from my experience in buying home exercise equipment below.
Recently I bought some home gym equipment at bargain rates. The intention was to save about 50-70 hours of drive time per year to and from the gym – as well as reduce risk of getting the flu.
Then the coronavirus hit. Surprise! Practical home gym equipment seems to be in short supply these days.
GET PHYSICIANS APPROVAL FOR PHYSICAL EXERCISE.
And learn proper training techniques.
Here’s what I use. It lets me do almost everything done at a gym, plus some others you can’t.
1) Adjustable weight dumbbells
2) Life Fitness ParaBody GS2 Multi-gym with Leg Press
Picked this up for $350 bucks on Craigslist!
Delivery and setup are a pretty big deal. The guy had a truck so he delivered it and set it up at no charge.
3) Bench with incline and decline
Bought this for about $100 bucks on Craigslist!
Not this one, but kind of like it
4) TRX style resistance straps
They can be kind of expensive but you can get them cheap like this one
5) Elliptical machine – Pro-Form Hybrid Trainer. No optional screen. These get fancy with all kinds of programmed drills. I wanted it for high intensity interval training, and consistent resistance and measurement of the high physiological component of exercise stamina as part of the biomarker/objective measurement system.
Picked it up for $150 bucks on Craigslist! It has both elliptical and stationary bike.
Transporting it can be done by two people, and it may be necessary to rent a truck or van. The guy had a truck so he delivered it for another $50.