Dear GRG Member, Two GRG online meetings are scheduled.
1) Saturday May 2 — 10:00 am Pacific, 1:00 pm ET, 5:00 pm GMT We will meet with GoToMeeting. A test run will be done the day before, so if you are not familiar with GoToMeeting but would like to join or watch – and make sure it works for you — contact me at JAdams@grg.org or call (949) 922-9786. Agenda:
- A moment of silence, reflection or prayer in memory of L. Stephen Coles
- Robert Young, Director of the Supercentenarian Research and Database division will bring us up to date on recent supercentenarian activities.
- I’ll briefly discuss
- The severe problem that currently exists with pre-clinical testing – and –
- Solutions: Engineered (lab grown) tissue systems for drug and aging therapy assessment
- Here and now: Organovo’s exVive3D™ Liver and Tissue Testing Services
- Under development: Tissue chips — engineered (lab grown) tissue systems — heart, liver, lung, kidney, brain and others — connected by blood supply
- Then the MAIN EVENT
Vince Giuliano will make a presentation on liposome delivered aging intervention therapies in humans.
- Practical experience
Vince is the architect of the AGINGSCIENCES™ – Anti-Aging Firewalls™ web site at http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/ James P. Watson M.D. is a major contributor. Stay tuned for more details and a more detailed summary from Vince. For more info contact me at JAdams@grg.org or call (949) 922-9786.
We hope you will join us “in person” with your webcam. So make sure it’s working.
But a webcam isn’t necessary.
The GoToMeeting system we’ll be using is reliable and fairly straightforward.
Sat, May 2, 2015 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone – click the link below.
You can also dial in using your phone. United States : +1 (408) 650-3112
Access Code: 494-034-349
If it asks for an email address you can put in your own, or firstname.lastname@example.org
To listen (and talk if you wish) there will be both a call in phone number, or you can listen and talk on your computer’s speakers and microphone.
2) Friday May 8 — 10:00 am Pacific, 1:00 pm ET, 5:00 pm GMT This will be an extension of the Tissue chips — engineered (lab grown) tissue systems section of the previous meeting.
Our presenter will be Kristen Fabre, Scientific Program Manager, NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Science (NCATS) and Manager of the Tissue Chip for Drug Screening program
Topic: The Tissue Chip for Drug Screening Initiative. This NIH/DARPA/FDA collaboration aims to develop 3-D human tissue chips that model the structure and function of human organs, such as the lung, liver and heart, and then combine these chips into an integrated system that can mimic complex functions of the human body. Once developed and integrated, researchers can use these models to predict whether a candidate drug, vaccine or biologic agent is safe or toxic in humans in a faster and more cost-effective way than current methods, and how effective a therapeutic candidate would be in clinical studies. We will meet via NIH’s WebEx system.
You will receive instructions on how to join before the meeting.
For more info contact me at JAdams@grg.org or call (949) 922-9786.
CLICK HERE for the Main Foundation Web Site: Carl I. Bourhenne Medical Research Foundation / Aging Intervention Foundation About Johnny Adams: Johnny Adams Call Johnny at (650) 265-4969 or (949) 922-9786 cell Email: JAdams – at – AgingIntervention dot org